Skip to Content

Cook School, Fractional District no. 9 School

Cook School, Fractional District no. 9 School

Loren Houvener at:
known as Cook School, this structure was built in 1890 near the corner of present day Mack Avenue and Lockmoor Boulevard. Slated for demolition. It was moved to the site in 2006. The stickwork in the gable distinguishes from many other one-room schools. Children from Gratiot to Grosse Pointe Townships attended the school until 1922 when the district combined with four others to form the Rural Agricultural School District no. 1.

The location of the above school is at 20025 Mack Ave, Grosse Pointe Woods, MI (Between Moross and Vernier)

 

See More Photos

Make the Photo Larger

 Click on Town, County, Surname or any of the tags to see more

Click on the word "original" above and a window will open with a the photo in a larger size. 

 Add Information 

 Want to add some information or comment on this photo?  Click on "Add new comment" above.

 



Smokers | image