Old Atkinson School, East State Street between Fifth & Morrison, 1887
Old Atkinson School, East State Street between Fifth & Morrison, 1887 - 1952. Rally's sits there now. Built as the East State Street School in 1887, Atkinson School got its name in 1919 from William A. Atkinson, the school's first and only principal until his death in 1920 at the age of 65. Mr. Atkinson was also a musician and artist, whose painting of Lincoln once hung in the corridor of the new Atkinson School build on Delaware Ave. in 1952.