Skip to Content

Kessler House Fremont OH

Kessler House Fremont OH

The Kessler house stood at the corner of Front and State Street. It was built between 1820 and 1822 as the Ohio Mansion House. In 1822, Thomas L. Hawkins used the second floor as a theater. In the early 1840's, board and lodging was $2.50 per week. In 1882 it was converted to the Wheeling and Lake Erie passenger depot, but it was torn down in 1897. The photo was taken during the funeral of George Grant.

 

See More Photos

Make the Photo Larger

 Click on Town, County, Surname or any of the tags to see more

Click on the word "original" above and a window will open with a the photo in a larger size. 

 Add Information 

 Want to add some information or comment on this photo?  Click on "Add new comment" above.

 



Smokers | image