Hot Lake Hotel and Sanitorium, Hot Lake, Oregon
Photo from an old postcard.
The first floor of the building was made up of offices, lobby, kitchen, dining hall and parlor. The second floor contains the guest rooms. The third floor is the hospital, complete with patient rooms and the surgery room, was known as "The Mayo Clinic of the West".
During the 1920s and early 1930s, People flocked to the resort/hospital from all over the world. The hotel averages 124 new guests daily. The combined buildings have over 300 rooms and dining facilities for over 1,000 guests.
In 1934, fire destroys the wooden structure of the building.
More information from www.hotlakesprings.com/history.html