St. Mary's Greek Byzantine Catholic Church, Johnstown, PA

St. Mary's Greek Byzantine Catholic Church, Johnstown, PA

St. Mary's Greek Byzantine Catholic Church, 401 Power St., Johnstown, Cambria County, PA.

St. Mary's church was established in 1895. The first church, a wooden structure was dedicated that year. In 1900, the cornerstone for a new brick church was laid, and the building dedicated in Jun 1901.

Find Johnstown, PA Postcards & Old Photos on eBay!
Search for Your Ancestors in Johnstown, Pennsylvania
In 1919, John T. Comes, a noted church architect from Pittsburgh, was selected to draw up lands and specifications for a new church. The cornerstone of this church was laid on 5 Jul 1920, with the church being dedicated on 30 Nov 1922.

 

See More Photos

Make the Photo Larger

 Click on Town, County, Surname or any of the tags to see more

Click on the word "original" above and a window will open with a the photo in a larger size. 

 Add Information 

 Want to add some information or comment on this photo?  Click on "Add new comment" above.