Skip to Content

Main Street, Clarion, PA

Main Street, Clarion, PA

Photo from a penny postcard.

Main Street looking west from 6th Street. Note the sign on the lower right for "Nail's Restaurant". Some history of Nail's Restaurant:

"George Nail and his mother, Clarissa Agnes Keefer Nail, established "Nail's Restaurant" in 1908. It was located in the Wilson block on the corner of Sixth Avenue and Main Street in Clarion, PA. George's son-in-law, Ralph Cyphert, joined in partnership in the restaurant and daughter, Bessanna Nail Cyphert, continued to operate the restaurant until 1950. The "Clarion Restaurant" succeeded Nail's restaurant in the same place."

Submitted by Roger Nale, great grandson of David P. Nale, who was a first cousin of George Nail

 

See More Photos

Make the Photo Larger

 Click on Town, County, Surname or any of the tags to see more

Click on the word "original" above and a window will open with a the photo in a larger size. 

 Add Information 

 Want to add some information or comment on this photo?  Click on "Add new comment" above.

 



Smokers | image