Dayton Soldiers Orphans School

Dayton Soldiers Orphans School

Dayton School, part of the Pennsylvania Soldiers Orphans Schools, opened in Sept 1868 to serve the Armstrong County area. Several of the buildings were destroyed by fire in 1888, and the school closed shortly thereafter.

Submitted by Clarence R. Shirey, from Smith's History of Armstrong Co., PA, 1883, page 220.

 

See More Photos

Make the Photo Larger

 Click on Town, County, Surname or any of the tags to see more

Click on the word "original" above and a window will open with a the photo in a larger size. 

 Add Information 

 Want to add some information or comment on this photo?  Click on "Add new comment" above.