Shearer House

Shearer House

The Shearer House owned by George and Mary Sherred Shearer, was one of the early hotels in Crawford County, located in the borough of Venango, Venango Township. It existed as early as 1867 when reference was made to a marriage that occurred at the hotel. It is also listed in a businesses directory of 1873. According to Rose Smith of the Cambridge Springs Historical Society the building is still standing.

Submitted by Becky Shearer Peterson, great granddaughter of George and Mary Shearer

 

See More Photos

Make the Photo Larger

 Click on Town, County, Surname or any of the tags to see more

Click on the word "original" above and a window will open with a the photo in a larger size. 

 Add Information 

 Want to add some information or comment on this photo?  Click on "Add new comment" above.