Skip to Content

Terrell County Courthouse and Jail, Sanderson, Texas

Terrell County Courthouse and Jail, Sanderson, Texas

Terrell County Courthouse, built in 1906. It was remodelled in 1939 into a modern style building. Photo from an 1900s postcard.

Comments

Terrell County Courthouse dates

The courthouse at Sanderson, Texas was designed by Henry T. Phelps in Spanish Colonial Revival style. It was demolished in 1930 and the materials used to build a new courthouse, also designed by Henry T. Phelps, using the old foundation and in Mediterranean style. It is the only Mediterranean-style courthouse in the state of Texas. It was remodeled in 1982 and a full Spanish tile roof was added. - CW (Bill) Smith, curator, Terrell County Memorial Museum, Sanderson TX

 

See More Photos

Make the Photo Larger

 Click on Town, County, Surname or any of the tags to see more

Click on the word "original" above and a window will open with a the photo in a larger size. 

 Add Information 

 Want to add some information or comment on this photo?  Click on "Add new comment" above.

 



Smokers | image